Tennis is for Everyone
Not only is tennis great exercise and a fun sport, it’s a terrific way to meet friends, neighbors and like-minded enthusiasts. And it’s big doings at Plantation Bay, where the tennis complex boasts ten Har-Tru courts for members to enjoy year round. Night play is available, which is very popular, especially in the summer months.
Plantation Bay tennis tournaments, adult leagues, junior camps, lessons and clinics are all part of the program that tennis guru, USPTA Elite Professional Michelle Brown has put together. She genuinely enjoys working with all levels of players from tiny tots to nationally ranked adults. After a complimentary tennis lesson and evaluation, Michelle directs new and existing members into activities where everyone gets a compatible game. And Michelle’s extensive experience must be resonating with members because tennis is the fastest growing activity at Plantation Bay, both for the players and the fans.
Michelle Brown, USPTA Tennis Director
Michelle has worked in the tennis industry since 2000. She has worked for the USTA Florida as the Team Tennis Coordinator. While there, she oversaw all team programming for the Florida section. She has run numerous local, regional, and national tennis tournaments.
Her career then took her to teach in Massachusetts for six years, while there she was the mixed doubles coordinator focusing on social tennis events. She then became Director of Youth Tennis at Longfellow Tennis & Health Club in Wayland, MA. During this time, she also served as Executive Director of United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA) New England.
After moving back to Florida and residing in Jacksonville, she became CEO of Positively Tennis while also working at San Jose Country Club as a teaching Tennis Professional.
Michelle is a USPTA Elite Professional, she has focused her career on getting players of all ages to the game and help players navigate learning skills, being successful, and competing. Her passion has been creating a pathway for all players, blogging about tennis, and introducing the sport of a lifetime.
- Ladies Drill & Play – 90-minute clinic with level-based drills and instruction for 60-minutes, followed by 30-min of doubles play with coaching. One pro per court. Minimum of 3 players required. Advance registration required.
- Welcome Back to Tennis – 1-hour clinic open to new tennis players or who haven’t seen the tennis court in a while. Clinics will focus on tennis basic, rules, and proper technique. Join in the fun in a positive environment. Minimum of 3 players required. Advance registration required.
- Cardio Tennis – 1-hour clinic for all levels of player. this class will get your heart pumping and allow you to hit a lot of balls. Drills are designed to keep you moving for the entire class. Class size is limited to 8 players.
- Stroke of the Week – Each 1-hour weekly clinic will focus on a specific shot using the ball machine and instruction to create a rhythm. Limit 4. All levels/genders welcome. Advanced signup is required.
- Round Robins – Free to members. Drop in, open play. No partner required. BYOB (bring your own balls) or pick up some in the pro shop.
*All Clinics are fee-based. Advanced signup required. Clinics must have a minimum of 3. Space is limited. Schedule subject to change.